Re: [SQL] Reasonable - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [SQL] Reasonable
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 17:32 +0200 on 05/10/1999, Mitch Vincent wrote:

>        "createdcond" varying(2),
>         "status" character varying(1) default 'Active',
>         "statuscond" character varying(1) default '=',
>         "firstname" character varying(25),
>         "firstnamecond" character varying(2) default '=',
>         "lastname" character varying(25),
>         "lastnamecond" character varying(2) default '=',
>         "address1" character varying(30),
>         "address1cond" character varying(2) default '=',
>         "address2" character varying(30),
>         "city" character varying(20),
>         "citycond" character varying(8) default 'starts',

It's hard to know when you don't tell us which error message you got, but
my guess is as follows: Most of these fields are defined using the syntax

"fieldname" character varying(N)...

But I seem to detect a couple of fields, "createdcond" above, as well as
"dateavailablecond". Are those the fields you added? For some reason, they
are defined as:

"fieldname" varying(N)...

Without the character keyword. On a cursory look this would not work.

Another potential problem is your use of a six-letter long default for a
varying(1) field ("status").

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.